Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, August 29, 2008

A little baking....




I have felt fall in the air the last few mornings, and with my "oatmeal cookie" candle burning the other day I found myself in the mood to do some baking. So, I tried a couple new items:

Lemon/Poppy Seed Bread
Blueberry Muffins
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip/Carmel Bars

The bread was a perfect combination, just enough lemon for a "fresh" taste, and very moist.
I must say the bars were very good (rich), and the oatmeal was a good addition.






I enjoyed my baking adventure, and plan on doing some more soon. I am not ready to admit that summer is almost to a close, so I will savor the last little bit of sunshine.
Happy Labor Day weekend......hope you are able to enjoy some time outdoors before we are all trapped inside for winter!

5 comments:

naphtali said...

Yumm!! I love to bake and these sound delightful. {Oh, yes - I like to eat too...so, that's even more delightful.} Hope you have a splendidly long weekend!

Willow said...

Hi T,

I am so glad you have a blog! Yours is excellent too!!!

I am just starting to get into baking. Thanks for the inspiration. And BTW, you can live in a loft with kids...totally! S and I will do it when we have kids someday!!

Tiarra said...

Tell me how! There are no bedrooms.......

Willow said...

Yes, I must admit it would be challenging, but if you really wanted it, you could....some lofts actually have bedrooms on the 2nd floor and the whole downstairs is open (kitchen, living room, etc)...with huge windows. I have also seen others do very creative things with make-shift walls!

It's a tough one, but if you want it, then you could make it happen!!

Tiarra said...

Willow-
Good point...if I really wanted it I could figure out a way. I did not know that some have 2nd floor living space. Hmmm.... you have inspired me! Although, Spokane doesn't have much to choose from...