Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Projects

Well, lately I have added these little projects for myself. We are currently renting this little house, and are starting the process of buying/building a home. We just signed another lease, so maybe the thought of being here longer made me "fix things up"...who knows.....Anyways, we now have an office. This room used to be a "don't know where to put this, these clothes need to be folded, people are coming over clean up" room. I must say, I have been enjoying it. It feels good to have a space in the house that can be used now. So, back to my project. First of all the walls were all plain boring white, except for one that was an ugly royal blue, so I had to primer that wall 3 times, and paint it twice. I picked up a buttery yellow, called "sugar cookie", and of course a beautiful chocolate brown as an accent.

For my desk. I saw a table that I just loved at Pottery Barn. I was tempted to purchase, but came back to reality and realized that a desk is never worth that much! Ben found a table that has been sitting down in the basement. So, I got out a sander and started (what is wrong with me?!). I must say I am very impressed with the results. For just the cost of paint, I now have an almost PB table.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! great job. looks pretty close to me.

Andrew and Olivia said...

The office looks good. It always makes me happy to get a nice product for a cheaper price. :) PB might have some great things but their furniture is always over priced.

Unknown said...

We have the same lamp on our nightstands :) Great job on the table- I like yours even better!