Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, August 11, 2008

Memories

Well, this is a new thing for me. I am excited to start something new. I use "myspace" and "facebook", but this allows me to really stop and write about thoughts from the day. So, here I am.

This last weekend my family and I drove to Seattle. My uncle recently passed away, and the family got together to celebrate his life. His passing has really caused me to stop and realize that there are so many things that I take for granted. I guess this is probably a common thing that happens when a loved one passes away suddenly. The difference for me is that it has really made me stop and think about where I am and where I am going. My uncle embraced life and lived it to the fullest. It was really hard to see my aunt without her other half. They were amazing together, it only took a second to see the love between them. Now, she is here without her husband. Some things I just don't understand, he was only in his 50's. They still had so many more things they wanted to do, and experience together. So often I let "life" distract me thinking that I have so much more time. What if I don't? Will people think of me as someone who enjoyed life, and lived it out to it's fullest? Do I take time to enjoy the little things?
Thank you, Ric, for your life. For your love, your faith, thank you for your example. Thank you that you showed me and so many that a life fully devoted to God, is a life worth living. Love you uncle Ric, you will truly be missed.

1 comments:

naphtali said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Uncle. Somethings don't make sence, but as you said - this has propelled you into wanting to live your life as he did. What a testimony he had!!! So many, "miss out". Glad you started a blog! {welcome.} :p